Friday, December 05, 2008

Where do the hours go…

It seems like the hours and days go by so fast, I have been here already 10 days and I seem not to have had a chance to have quiet time.  Not complaining just making observations.

Woke at the usual time and off to class for 9am, the school is about a five minute walk away so very handy.  I really enjoy my class, my teacher, Lilly is very good and I believe for the first time I am beginning to make progress.  Three classes and I am learning the important survival phrases, the numbers, time and how to buy fruit and vegetables at the market.  I will admit it is hard for me to remember all the words but it is making sense, so I am very happy.

After class I met up with Linda and we did some errands.  Linda had ordered a special rug made for her family and we picked the rug up at this road side store.nbv 004

The inside was very interesting.nbv 001

nbv 002

We then went back to the big mega store and bought some more clothes and gifts for the children at the school for the deaf.  The party there is on Tuesday so we have a few days to get things all ready.

Then it was back home for some lunch and then I went on my run.  It is easier now to run so I guess I am OK with the altitude.

After about one hour relaxation in my lovely chair in the sun it was back to school for  the English class.

These children are about 12- 14 years of age and have been taking English for two years and they are very good.  I enjoy participating in the class and the kids are eager,  fun and they like it when I tell them stories about my life.

Just finished supper, I had a BBQ hamburger, beans, fresh mushrooms, tomatoes and spuds, I know a typical Mexican dinner.

Now listening to the live Canucks hockey broadcast and having a quiet evening.

Reflecting back on my days here I have to say that I am overjoyed by the connection I have made with Paola and I look forward to spending more time with her and of course following her progress through the months.  My teacher, Lilly, is also the teacher for Paola’s class and Lilly told me this morning that she is happy to tell me that Paola is very smart and intelligent.  My classes are all going very well.  I made arrangements to hire a car when Janet and Malc are here which will make their visit much more enjoyable for everyone.

So truly can say that life is good.  I feel healthy and happy and look forward to a busy few weeks.

I wish you all a great, happy and safe weekend…

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...