Monday, December 29, 2008

COST OF ADMISSION – 300 PESOS, COST OF LUNCH – 120 PESOS, JOY RECEIVED – PRICELESS!!!!!!

I have been so privileged in my life to meet so many wonderful people, see so many amazing sights and have some incredible happy moments BUT I think today goes right up there near the top of the list.

Around 11.30am I drove to Santa Julia to hopefully pick up Paola and friends and take them to the hot springs.  I saw the Madre and asked if it was still Ok to take the girls and she told me yes.  A few minutes later Paola and Danielle, her best friend, appeared and they looked so beautiful, hair in pony tails, with swim suites on and towels in a back pack and huge smiles on their faces.  A young lady called Ingrid, who was volunteering at the home, came with us.

IMG_2011 Danielle, Ingrid and Paola on the right!!

I find it hard to describe the utter joy and complete and total trust these two young girls put in me, we spent about two hours in the water and their smiles and laughs will stay with me forever.

Let me try and tell you what happened..the pools are all thermal hot springsIMG_2007

and one of the pools leads to a tunnel about 40 feet long and quite dark but then opens out into a cave filled with pulsating water fountains.  The three of us swam to the entrance and I asked the girls if they wanted to go through the tunnel.  Paola said yes right away but Danielle did not want to go.  So I made sure that Ingrid was watching Danielle and Paola and I went into the tunnel.  This girl has got some courage, she held my hand as we swam down the tunnel into the cave. 

We had been there about two minutes when I hear this little voice shouting, “Les, Les”. I look around and there is Danielle in the arms of a lady, she had asked that lady to take her down the tunnel she wanted to be with us.  She was smiling like crazy!!!!

Please enjoy these photos of the girls, I know there are lots but the looks on their faces say so much!!IMG_1981 IMG_1982

IMG_1983

IMG_1984

IMG_1986

IMG_1987

IMG_1990 IMG_1991 

Ready, set GO!!

IMG_1994

IMG_1995 there she goes.

 

IMG_1997

Now you see Danielle

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_1998 Now you don’t.

IMG_2001

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_2005

IMG_2006

IMG_2009

When it was time to leave the girls came out of the pool, Ingrid got them changed and back we went to Santa Julia.

They both were perfect Angels and thanked me for lunch and for the swim.  I hope to take them back when Janet and Malc are here.

Was a day that is already etched in my memory bank.

Thanks for letting me share with you..

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...