Monday, December 01, 2008

Just a perfect day..

I hear some of you are already getting tired of me starting my posts by saying  “woke up to a sunny bright day” so you will hear that no more from me.

There was this bright light shining in my face this morning so I got up……..how was that?

Went for run and was happy that I am now able to run the laps four times and walk three, so I think I am getting acclimatised to the altitude.

Had a great breakfast and decided to walk into town and get some information on the kids at the orphanage.  I did find the place and have signed up as a volunteer and also sponsored a child for Christmas, more about that another day when I find out exactly what is involved.

On the walk back to the park  some great sights look at all the wires here!,,m 035  ,,m 032

 

 

 

 

 

 

,,m 036 A cat nap!!

,,m 044

,,m 047 This is a hotel close to where I am staying.,,m 048 ,,m 051

 

 

 

 

 

,,m 055 Chicken for dinner anyone??,,m 056

See the little one in between the parents?,,m 058

This is priceless..some of the best moments in life happen so quickly and don’t cost a cent.,,m 020

I was walking back through through park where I run in the morning and saw these kids sitting around having lunch.  They looked so happy and I asked the teacher if I would be allowed to take a photo and she told me of course and the kids just loved having their photo taken.  I got them already and counted 1,2,3 in Spanish then took the photo I then asked them in Spanish to take another this time to count to three in English and they all did, their squeaky little voices saying 1,2,3 in English, then they all rush to look at the photo in the camera.  A moment that will stay with me for a long time.

In the evening I was invited to Linda and Guy’s for supper and also to watch an event that only happens once every 30 years or so.  The moon and Venus and Jupiter being as close as they were tonight.  My photo is not great but..

,,m 064 the two dots on in the middle and off to the far right are Venus and Jupiter.

Another great day…

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...