Monday, December 15, 2008

Day 39..

Where did the weeks go?   Already the middle of December and I feel as if I have been gone much longer than 39 days.   Met so many interesting people and seen so many interesting places.

Monday morning and my class at 9am so I left the casa at 8.30am on my bike, it was still a little cool but it is an up hill ride for the first 15 minutes and I soon got warm.  Arrived at class with 5 minutes to spare.

This will be my last week of classes and I feel that I have made huge strides in making myself understood and asking for things and I practise them when ever I am out.  I obviously have not touched tenses or the grammatical side of the language but I found the right school and the right teacher for what I wanted and I have enjoyed the classes and even the homework, although I find it is a lot harder now to remember words and phrases.

I had to go downtown after school so I left my bike at the school and walked downtown and these are some of the sights along the way.mmm 001

mmm 003 mmm 002 mmm 008

mmm 005

mmm 011 This trolley does a downtown tour of the town, will take this when Malc and Janet come in January.mmm 012 I could spend all day taking photos of balconies, the same goes for doors and door knobs, all very beautiful.mmm 013

mmm 014

One of the things that has bothered me the last couple of days is that I have not been running, although I am getting plenty of exercise walking and biking I want to keep up my running but I am a long way from the park where I was doing laps.

So was happy today when I noticed the small park at the end of my road, it is lovely and has a cinder track going around.  It is much shorter that the park I was running in but tomorrow I am going to run and count the laps I do then increase them each week.mmm 015

mmm 017

 

 

 

 

 

 

mmm 016

I took the afternoon off and sunbathed, read, ate and slept a little then back on the bike to go to my English class.  This is also the last week of these classes and I have really enjoyed these classes also.  There are 10 kids who can speak really good English.  The children range in ages from 9 to 14 and Patty the teacher is very good with them.  We usually read and I explain and them pronounce words they find hard.  They then do exercises and then I usually tell them a story about me or something interesting.

Today I took my Terry Fox T shirt into class and told them all about him and his ambitions and his life and the legacy he left behind.  None of the children had heard of him and I hope now they never forget about him.

The long bike ride home takes me about 25 minutes, a great meal and a hot shower and now well settled and going to some homework then some TV.

You have guessed it another great day.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...