Thursday, December 04, 2008

At my Spanish lesson this morning

my teacher told me that this afternoon she teaches some of the girls from the Santa Julia in an English class if I wanted to stop by.

The lessons are going well and although I find it hard to remember lots of things I think I am making a little progress.

I then went on a mystery walking tour and at last saw some of the ladies washing clothes at the public bath house.;l; 003

;l; 001

If there is a tree in the way, no problem!;l; 004

Some beautiful colours.;l; 026

;l; 024

 

 

 

 

 

;l; 015

Found myself high up over the town.;l; 014

;l; 022

The Parroquila church is still the main landmark.;l; 016 For all the history and colonial buildings  modern progress is everywhere.

;l; 029Grand Dad with his shopping.

In the afternoon I went back to my school and knocked on the door where my Teacher, Lilly was teaching.  She motioned for me to come and there she was my Paola sitting with her school friends. ;l; 030 She jumped up when she saw me and came running into my arms and kissed me on the cheek.  What else is there to say?????  I stayed for an hour and just listened to these small ladies studying their English.

It was lovely to see Paola again and I was happy to see she was wearing the pink watch we bought yesterday and some bands in her hair, she looked beautiful.

Linda and Guy are Rotarians and I was invited to their Christmas Party tonight.;l; 032 It was a great meal and this club is outstanding in the community work that they do in SMA.

So just another great day it seems the hours go by so fast and I am really enjoying my time.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...