Wednesday, December 17, 2008

No snow here

Lovely morning for my bike ride in to school.  I was a little confused with yesterday’s lesson so I asked Lilly and she explained it to me and now I understand.  She really is a great teacher and the one on one is the perfect setting for me.  I do feel that I am learning and I intend to continue on my own after my classes finish this week.

I biked back home but had to make a stop at the bike repair shop.IMG_1600

On the grounds that I might incriminate myself lets just say I needed to replace the left pedal after it broke yesterday.IMG_1602

Jose took off the broken pedal, put on a brand new pedal and lubricated the pedals and chains.  No waiting to make an appointment, fixed right away in about 7 minutes at the phenomenal cost of 30 pesos, not even 3 dollars.  I was happy and so was Jose with the 30 pesos, a great tip and a Canadian key chain.

Whilst waiting for the repair the workmen outside were fixing up the road.IMG_1601 It is simply amazing the work they do by hand,  note the saw and shovel!!

Back at the casa I did some work washing Ramona and cleaning her and also did some reading and sunbathing and then back on the bike for my late afternoon English class.

I really enjoy these classes the 10 kids are so nice, friendly and I can tell they love to have me in the class as I love being there.  Manuel was so proud to show me the page in his book today.IMG_1603

IMG_1603 Hard to see but a map showing where I live, the writing on the left says, “Les lives here”.  I thought that was so cute but then he trumped that.  When the class was finished and we were all leaving his mother was waiting for him and he made a point of taking me over and introduced me to her.  Neat kid!!

These photos were taken this afternoon in my home town of Nanaimo!snow4

snow3

snow7

snow6

Way to go Ben, shovel that drive way!!

So ends another wonderful day and I am really looking forward to tomorrow as I am going to the home where Paola lives and visit!!!!

Good night stay warm my friends in  Nanaimo..

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...