Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Tuesday at 9pm and after a long tiring day of driving Ramona is resting peacefully in the car park of the ruins of Kabah, about 120 kms from Campeche, my destination tomorrow.

This is the first time we have camped as close to a ruin and the photos are really some of my favourites. I didn’t know about these ruins just really came across them and as I was looking for a place to park it seemed heaven sent, a place to park and an interesting visit to the ruins in the morning. I know there will be no vendors and tourist buses and I shall probably have the site to myself.

The other photos are of two interesting churches the first one being abandoned and the kind of traffic hazards one can expect to see anytime on the roads in Mexico.

I am still suffering a little bit after Malc’s visit we crammed a lot into 14 days and I miss his company and of course teasing him.

I am settled in for the night it is pitch black and then the almost full moon in the very distant skies. Also very quiet and safe and I look forward to being in Campeche tomorrow for a few days. According to my books it is a very old and beautiful fortified city.

Will post this when I can, blessings

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...