Saturday, March 01, 2008


Got all my tanks filled up before I left Chetumal around 11.30am and drove just over 200 kms to Tulum. I am currently parked in a small beach side space of a small restaurant, very close to the ocean.

From here and on my journey north tomorrow is the same route that Malc and I are going to take so even though I am only about 1km from the beautiful Tulum ruins I am not going to see them, I will wait and do them with Malc.

In the Yucatan there are 4 ruins that are considered the must see ones. I have done one already at Palenque and the other 3 Malc and I will see together and as I said Tulum is one of them. I have read about these ruins and they are not huge or majestic but what makes them so spectacular is the location. They are the only ruins that sit right on the ocean and the view is supposed to be breath taking.

Tomorrow I drive further north about 20 miles from the airport and spend the night there and go and pick Malc up late Sunday afternoon. We will discuss together what we are going to do but I am hoping he will agree to a circular route which will include the other 3 big ruins, some colonial cities, small islands, one theme park and of course in case Janet is reading this many “museums”.

Last day of February, so hard to believe that the weeks and months have gone by so quickly after Malc leaves I shall have one month to head back home.

I shall try and post this sometime Saturday and I want to wish you all a great weekend and thank you yet again for the kind comments about the blog and all the e-mails. I am looking forward to spending time with my Bro’, having some fun and just enjoying our time together, blessings Les

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...