Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunday night in El Paso, Texas and about time to remind you that I still remember how to say the famous saying down here, “How are ya all!!”

Arrived about noon today and came to the Mission Rv park and parked Ramona next to my friends, Norma and Croft, in their motor home. I hadn’t seen them since I left Mazatlan 1st January, so it was a nice reunion.

Norma and Croft have a car they tow behind their motor home so for the afternoon we went down the historic El Paso Mission trail and saw three beautiful missions.

What a drastic change to all the Mexican churches I have seen these past few months. Although these missions were built around the same time the architecture and decorations inside were so different. It was a very interesting afternoon. We then went downtown and drove along the highway between Mexico and the USA. There was a double wide and high barbed wire fence and it was thought provoking to see the shantytown side of Mexico and the affluent States side.

This is a top ranked RV park with many amenities including a huge pool so Croft and I went for a dip to see if we both still knew how to swim.

In the evening they took me to this fantastic ranch and restaurant where they had ate two nights ago.

The photo of me about to demolish the ribs speaks 1000 words. The whole meal was one of the best I have ever had.

So it was a great day and I really enjoyed re-knewing my friendship with Norma and Croft.

OK guess where we are going tomorrow??? MEXICO!!!! All three of us need new glasses and the prices are so much cheaper in the border towns, so we are going to walk across the border and see if we can find some good deals on glasses. The Mexican town on the border is called Juarez and has a reputation as a big drug town so we have decided that if either of us feels unsafe we will turn around and come back. I have decided that I am going to walk right behind Croft; he is about six foot four!!!! I am sure it will be OK.

So another great day hope it was for you, Pura Vida!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey! We are about 1 week behind you as we travel across TX. We will stay for at least 4 nights in Fort Davis so Erwin can go to the Observatory over and over again. Then we are headed to El Paso. didn't know about the glasses in Juarez but will check into that. We had been told about the restaurant. Glad to see that you enjoyed it. I have started a blog too but am having a heck of a time posting pictures and getting them in the spot I want them. www.kayeheins.blogspot.com. Better planning on my part and we could have met somewhere. We will go to phoenix then to Flagstaff to visit relatives..........keep that blog rollin'

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...