Saturday, March 29, 2008

If I knew what the time was I would tell you I have been through so many time zones and up the hill the time changes again so it is either 5.40pm or 6.40pm or 7.40pm but I do know it is Saturday evening!!

It took me about 2 hours of driving this morning to shake the rain and now again wonderful warm sunny day and very pleasant evening. I am in a large RV Park in Van Horn, Texas and I am about 150 kms away from El Paso. That is my destination tomorrow where I am going to meet my good friends Norma and Croft, from Campbell River, who I last saw January 1st in Mazatlan. I am looking forward to hearing all their stories.

Uneventful day of driving, very flat and barren land and the only highlight was the train passing by. I am slowly getting used to being back in the States and the differences of the last few months are huge.

I have found out that I can get a ticket for the hockey game in Phoenix on Thursday night and I look forward to that and will now admit to my main reason for going there. Even at my ripe old age we still can have heroes and I found a hero in October 1980 in Edmonton. He is in my opinion the greatest hockey player who ever laced on skates and I got hooked on the game and went to as many games as possible and this was when Edmonton were in their glory years. 99 or “The Great One” as he is commonly known was an icon on the ice and a perfect role model off the ice and remains so to this day. He now part owns and coaches the Phoenix Coyotes hockey team and their last home game is this Thursday and I am so happy I am going and it is my intention to see if I can get 99 to autograph my friendship book. Later on I will tell you about my 99 tattoo!!!!

So there you have it Saturday night in Texas and a beautiful night and I wish you all a great weekend, blessings..

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...