Saturday, March 08, 2008

Still having some problems finding Internet where I can post the photos from my computer, so there will be lots to see when I eventually get it done.

It is now Friday evening and Malc and I are in an RV park in the old colonial town of Merida, the capitol of the state of Yucatan. The park is in a built up area and very close to two modern and upscale Malls. The park has room for about 100 campers and there is only one other Rv parked here, the facilities are good but no Wifi.

We took a trip into the town of Valladolid before we left this morning and this was just a medium sized non tourist town and we enjoyed walking around and watching the people going about their daily business and then we came upon the kids, there was obviously a parade some where which we did not find. Those boys wanted their photos taken so badly and I love how they are all staring right at the camera. Everyone is so friendly to us everywhere we go.

After setting up camp here in Merida we were going to go for a walk when it started to rain!!!!!! So we played a matinee game of scrabble, bad idea for me I got thumped again!!!!

About 5pm the rain had stopped and we went for a walk into one of the Malls and I was amazed to see in the mall an ice skating rink which was being fully used by hundreds of kids. Also a large convention centre where local artisans were selling their crafts and then Malc stopped and we ordered Pizza for him. Came back and had another game of scrabble, another bad idea got thumped again. For those keeping score, 3 games each, I think I maybe should read my dictionary tonight.

It is cooler here than the coast. Tomorrow we are going to take a bus into the city and see all it has to offer before leaving Sunday for another of the top ruins.

We continue to have a great time and just fun to have Malc along with me. I wish you all a great weekend and will post again soon if I can, take care, blessings

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...