Tuesday, February 05, 2019

Tuesday 5th February 2019...Happy New Year!!

I have tried to find a way to say “great two hours of tennis this morning under blue and sunny warm skies” without sounding like a broken record but it is just the truth...it seems right now every day is the same warm and so pleasant!!


After tennis went to meet a person who is house sitting here in town...I have not met Georgia before but she has helped me on line with routes through Mexico many times...when she let me know she was in town I wanted to meet her in person.....


So I went to the house where she is house sitting, which belongs to another friend of mine....it was lovely to meet her..we had a good conversation and she has given me some tips for my road trip at the end of the month!!


From there I went to Gracie’s CASA and we got ready to go out to a friends house where there was going to be a huge Chinese New Year Party!!




More than a billion people around the world have begun celebrating the Lunar New Year and the start of the Year of the Pig.

In China that means millions of people have travelled to their hometowns, in the largest annual human migration.

Also known as the Spring Festival, the Lunar New Year is celebrated by countries across Asia.

Fireworks, special clothes, red lanterns and lots of food will mark the occasion.

The pig, one of the 12 signs of the Chinese zodiac, is believed to be a symbol of optimism, enthusiasm and hard work.


Part of the instructions apart from bringing some food was that fancy dress must be worn.....you don’t have to tell me twice!!!!






Gracie in the pea nut eating contest...






Sorry both these photos are not the greatest!!


It was a fun party lots of great food, laughs and games..


Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

A happy new year to you and yours!

mexicokid said...

Yes nice to have another new year.....warm and sunny yet again.....be a great time for you to hike to the waterfall by Goldstream Park..it is truly amazing cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...