Friday, February 15, 2019

Friday 15th February 2019.......down time!!!

This was a throw back to the old Pearson Friday’s.........did very little, really saw no one and just relaxed and took a break from my busy(by choice) lifestyle!!!


I did manage to do a pay it forward....somebody was asking on the civil list forum for a tennis racket to give to a local girl who wanted to start playing tennis...I have a spare so I went and gave it.....felt really good and I must be sure to tell my students next Wednesday!!


Booked Little Bluey in for a service as I leave on the 13 day road trip at the end of this month...I need to leave the country with my car in order to re enter with a new visa and permit!!!


More about the journey next week it will be a lot of driving, which I don’t mind...seeing great friends along the way and also some new hiking places that I have not seen before!!


This Sunday is another one of my tennis slams...This one is a Valentines Day slam....I organize about three of these a year..they are a lot of fun and a chance to enjoy ourselves on the courts....of course there are strict rules that I do enforce...


Valentines slam ...so only red or white clothing allowed!!

Anyone not conforming will pay a fine and have the article of clothing removed at centre court!!


Singing on the court...only songs containing the word love is allowed...again a fine for non compliance!!


Racket abuse and swearing.....fines will be handed out..


All the fine money goes to my travel fund....in previous slams I have managed to raise exactly zero pesos!!!


We have twelve players six women and six men...we draw for a partner and then play each other with the winners being the ones with most games won.


There are amazing prizes, well maybe not.....it is a great fun afternoon!!






Still snowing in Nanaimo........


Have a great safe weekend!!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

The Valentine's Day Slam should be a big hoot!

By the way, I think you still wear your Crocs often like they are an old friend. What size are they? The reason I'm asking is that it is getting the time of year when I start cleaning out my closets; since I've graduated to a new type of slip-on shoe called Sketchers, the two pair of Crocs are gathering dust in the closet; I think they are a US Size 9. Unless you have a huge foot, these might fit and I could mail them to Linda while you are Arizona. As my Mom use to say, "waste not, want not."

mexicokid said...

That would be awesome I will e mail you...have a great weekend best wishes les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...