Wednesday, January 02, 2019

Wednesday 2nd January 2019..still not used to the new year......

I spent this morning at my casita getting all the gifts bagged and labelled by school and with a head count...and glad to say after a couple of hours all that is left is blowing up 315 soccer balls...but I think my work crew tomorrow can handle that!!!





















A good job I am house sitting an Gracie’s ..no where to sleep here!!!


This afternoon I started the new year in the best poker way with a huge win of 265 pesos.....I had a good feeling from the start!!!






Came home and took the dogs out to their mountain walk and picked up a few items from the store on the way home!!


Here is a crazy story...I am now on a medication for my Atrial Fibrillation and the cost of the pills here for a 60 tablets is 1550 pesos....I asked Gracie to check on the price for me in New Jersey and she let me know that the exact same pill and quantity would cost me 455 US dollars....now I dare you to tell me the drug companies are customer oriented?????



Saw this on FB of the local church I wish I had seen it live..looks amazing!!








Now going to have my dinner, a bath and more of my show....


Stay tuned crazy days ahead!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

Converting from pesos, you are paying between $75 to $80 US Dollars for the same quantity as Gracie stated in the US (think expensive in US). There is no defense for the drug companies to rip off US consumers like that. Now, if our Medicare system would negotiate with the drug companies for lower prices in bulk, that would help the US consumer situation. I know for a fact that Canada negotiates contracts for bulk purchase with the drug companies, why doesn't the US? Conversely, if the drug you need is the only drug which will work and the company has a US Patent or International Patents on the drug excluding anyone else from making the drug for the legally prescribed period of 20 years, then no matter what country you purchase that specific drug, the company has you over a barrel. No wonder so many go to Mexico to buy their prescribed medications. I worked in the monopoly field of Patents and Trademarks for almost thirty years and used the medical research data from the labs to write the patent applications for submission to the US Patent and Trademark Office and subsequently to the Food and Drug Administration. Companies don't invest in the research without a profit motive in mind.

mexicokid said...

You are so right it is criminal the amount of profit these companies make..the other thing is here I do not even need a prescription to get the pills......mmmmmmm. Lp

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...