Thursday, February 08, 2018

Thursday 8th January 2018......well I wasn't normal for long!!!!!

There is a really bad strain of flu going around town and when I woke up this morning I knew I had been caught....scratchy throat and aches and pains........I did manage to go play tennis but afterwards came home and hunkered down.

I have multiple throat lozenges......vitamin C...and bed rest is the ticket for me....



I have cancelled my gym session for tomorrow morning and cancelled my tennis for Saturday morning but I have organized another tennis Slam for Sunday afternoon and hoping I can play in that but will have to wait and see......

OK this kid is going to bed!!!!


Yashi Kochi!!!!

3 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

We wish you a speedy recovery! That should be no problem because you are in excellent shape.

Dee Tillotson said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. Sounds a little ambitious to play tennis so soon after a recovery. Give your body time to rebuild its immune system after fighting the infection. Do you have a thermometer to check your temperature? If you have a fever which rises above100F., see a doctor to get the fever down. Also, did you take the flu shot? If you did, it softens the impact by about 30 percent.

We have two strains of flu going on locally here. It is so bad that when visiting Beach in hospital, the nurses gave me a surgical mask to wear when I entered the elevator to go up to the patients' floors. Thank goodness he only had to be there for two days before bringing him home. All but two US states have been affected (48 states) with two strains; therefore, it has been deemed an epidemic. Take good care of yourself.

mexicokid said...

thanks for the kind words Dee and Peter...I did cancel all activities for the next three days including the tennis slam set for the 18 February now.....I have not taken the flu shot since I was in Bermuda and one of our officers died from complications.....there are many people here suffering the same..so just rest and relaxation for a short while best wishes les...Hope Beach is recovering nicely..les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...