Sunday, January 21, 2018

Sunday 21 January 2018...lazy day!!!

I have now planned my week as Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9.30 am - 10.30 am working out with my great young Mexican trainer Aaron..I really like how he treats me and the work outs are quite hard for me but I know doing me good.

Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 9.00 am -11.00 am I have tennis so Sunday is my day of rest and that is what I did today...nothing!!!

Tonight I am" busy" watching live tennis from Melbourne!!!

Somehow I have this app or something on my phone that every morning shows me photos of what I was doing years ago!!!  Do not ask me how it just is!!!

This was the photo this morning!!!



Apart from the men in my Family.......My Dad, Brother,  Uncle and Nephews who have played such an important role in my life these two men rank right up there.....

Ken is on the left and Roy on the right.....many years ago now I spent every morning for 4 hours taking care of Roy to give his wife Eileen some time alone.....Roy's memory was shot but he was such a gentleman and a pleasure to be around..I was with him for 6 years and towards the end of his life he was in a care facility and that is where this shot was taken.

When Roy went into the home my time with him was down to just short visits and that is when I met Ken and then I started spending many hours a day with Ken...you have heard me talk here often of Heather and Kirby in Nanaimo where they are my Canadian family and where I stay when I visit...Ken is Kirby's Father.......

They are both long gone now but I shall always remember them both true gentleman.....

Yahsi Kochi!!!

4 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

Les, did you take care of any dietary needs while you were taking care of Roy and Ken? Just brought Beach home today, Sunday, from hospital. If you remember, I took him to hospital Friday for a knee replacement. Well, hospital gave him back to me today. Just me and this growling person in pain. In the hospital package, I was given a very powerful pain killer called oxycodone. I'm breaking them in half to give to him. He seems not to tolerate very normal food while taking these narcotics. All I can think of for soft food are grits, scrambled eggs, and chicken noodle soup. I ease some shredded chicken in the noodle soup. Do you remember if you fed Roy and Ken soft food and if so, what was it? Maybe, I could add some mashed potatoes. Signed - Nurse Dee

mexicokid said...

Hope Beach is doing better I hear the recovery is not easy cannot help with the food both Roy and ken ate like troopers....be wary of that pain med that is one of the most addictive drugs and is sold on the streets..good luck nurse D

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Good comment on the oxydone! That stuff is very addictive, and popular with the entertainment crowd...

mexicokid said...

a shame but true..cheers..did you try the hike to the waterfall and trestle by Golds stream park yet?? les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...