Saturday, October 03, 2015

Saturday 3rd October 2015..Cruise day5!!!

I was up at 6am this morning and I knew from the Captain’s message from the night before that we would be docking in San Diego 2 hours ahead of our 10am estimated time of arrival…so I went out side and saw the day break and the ship coming into port!!

DSC06839

DSC06849

So the original plan was to get off the ship at 10am walk 4 blocks to where I had a car hired and then drive about 15 minutes to La Jolla where I had booked a 3 hour mountain bike tour starting at 1pm and then get back into town drop off the car and hopefully get back to the ship before last call at 5.30pm!!!

As we docked earlier by 2 hours I got off and went to the car hire Avis, they were happy to give me the car early I have a nice 4 door small Honda and got easy directions to La Jolla and I was outside the bike office at 9.15am…..I went in and asked if it was possible for me to get on the 10am tour and explained about my tight schedule…the nice young lady told me that the tour was sold out but she would check with the owner and she came back and told me that they by law are limited to the numbers on each tour but they had a new guide who was just starting out and had done 5 tours already but needed more experience so they sent Matt and myself out just the two of us how great was that.

DSC06852

So join us on our bike tour through some beautiful and very expensive real estate and beaches!!!

DSC06856

DSC06858

DSC06861

DSC06864

DSC06869

oh darn my camera acting up yet again!!!

DSC06868

This was an interesting little bay

DSC06870

Matt told me that a few years ago the town put in some money to build this wall and bay for the kids to have a safe and protected area to swim in and three days after it was opened these guys moved in

DSC06871

DSC06873

There is also a base close by where they train the Navy seals!!!!

asset_20106__big_no

Ok back to the tour

DSC06875

DSC06883

DSC06886

I enjoyed the tour and Matt was a fine guide plus I  did not have to worry about time…..

I am now in Starbucks and decided that whilst I have time I would do these first few days of the blog!!!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!!

1 comment:

Croft said...

Very good tour so far Les. Thanks for taking us along!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...