Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Wednesday 27th November 2013…what a busy day!!!!

So it started at 10am when I had a Doctor’s appointment…..you know from reading this blog that I am blessed with great health and I hope to maintain that but I did get my medical records sent from my Doctor in Nanaimo, who has been my Doctor for 18 years and I really like him and I decided it was time that I start a rapport with a local Doctor and one was recommended to me and that is who I had the appointment with this morning.

He is a young Doctor who works in a practice with his Brother and Father and his office was very clean and very well equppied and I liked him.  I gave him my records and he asked me lots of questions and took my blood pressure and listened to my heart, took my weight and height….we talked about my toes which have been over lapped all my life and I was having some issues with the toes on my left foot again..he advised that I see a podiatrist who he recommended and then I asked him about a colonoscopy and he asked if I have had one and said I had not and he stressed how important it was for me to think about having the procedure…..he told me that he does that in his office surgery and for all the pre and after treatment and the scope the cost was 8500 pesos about 650 dollars…I think it would be very wise for me to have this so I shall give it more thought.

He then told me that if I needed him in an emergency to contact him by his cell phone and that he looks forward to being my Doctor but hoped his services would not be necessary…..  the cost for the consultation was 350 dollars, about 28 dollars.

I left his office feeling that now my health was in good hands…I went from there around the corner to the foot doctor and he took me in right away and did some work on my toe which I hope will relief the problem I have…his cost was 250 pesos about 20 dollars…so a medical morning but I am convinced I will have the colon scope and now I have  a Doctor I trust and my foot issue is relieve for the moment…so a good day so far.

Next it was time for poker I always enjoy the afternoon of fun and interaction and I continued my winning ways…no need for you to know how much just that I won….OK I cannot hold it in I won 5 pesos maybe 40 cents but a win is a win!!!

Then I went and picked up paola and spent some time with her shopping and then after I took her home I went straight to my English class…..even though I was told the extra students would not be in my class their Teacher is still away so I had them again…..I thought this might happen so I had prepared and printed an article on the meaning of Thanksgiving day and we read and talked about that then it was time for fun and chocolate..we played 20 questions which they enjoyed and of course who does not like chocolate……

So home by 8pm so a long day but a productive day all round.

Yashi Koshi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...