Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Wednesday 20th November 2013…Day 7!!!

I know I am starting to sound like a broken record with saying had a  good breakfast but it is true…really a good way to start the day.  We did not do the River walk this morning but did some work on our final lists and what we had to do today and at 11am Carolyn dropped me off at Wal-Mart to do my final shop whilst she went into town for some appointments.

Carolyn came back for me an hour later and I was finished and had a cart full.  Sent the next couple of hours doing errands before we went to Kirsten’s house where she made a lovely lunch and then I spent a little time doing some outside chores i.e. sweeping and cleaning the rear patio before I was summoned in to hang a curtain rod…..well I know that sounds easy and it probably is but remember here who you are talking to..the unhandiest man around…..well I did the best I could and if there is any negative feedback about the rod not being straight a weeks blog ban is in your future.

DSC00181

The girls went into town for some appointments so I finished my work in the back yard then came back to the hotel where I sent a full hour loading and re-arranging the car…. most of the stuff we have bought is in and I think I did a good job and there is room I hope for Carolyn’s last minute shopping tomorrow.

Surprised the day went by quickly it is now 6m and Carolyn is not back so I am just relaxing after a hot bath with the newspaper….

Tomorrow is our last day of this whirlwind visit and I have enjoyed everyday…getting to meet Carolyn’s wonderful family, seeing the sights of down town, the river and the hill country……the weather has been fabulous and the hotel the best…..we plan to leave early Friday morning and depending how long a wait at the border we may do the tri in one day of stay over night in Mexico…we will see!!

Yashi Koshi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...