Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Wednesday 11th September 2013…..a tribute

to all the families who lost a love one that fateful day!!!

flag

The first thing I had to do today was get the car to the garage where I leave it so I drove there this morning and then walked back to town..This weekend is a huge celebration all over Mexico for Independence day and there are many street vendors around town selling their flags…

DSCF1156

I bought a few groceries and decided to have breakfast and it was good!!

DSCF1157

I walked all the way home and just had time to get my lunch ready and then off to Poker and I am afraid my winning streak came to a halt I lost 100 pesos.

I then went and picked up Paola and we did some chores around town and bought one of the chickens she loves to take home for her family….it is a full chicken cooked and comes with salsa, tortillas, potatoes and sauces…….I told her I would be gone for a few days and that when I get back she will have her circus class.

After I dropped her off at home I went  straight to my English class…four of my students did not show up today.  I know it is hard for them most have families and jobs and to commit to class 3 evenings a week is hard.

The lesson went well I gave them a hand out I had printed about the 911 events and we talked about this for a while and then did some work in the work books and then I had them each talking about their day what they did, what they ate…just to get them comfortable with talking aloud in English…they are all very bright and energetic.

I got drenched again riding home…will it ever stop raining????

So off to the beach tomorrow hopefully I will be able to connect to the Internet and blog…..

Yashi Koshi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...