Saturday, September 07, 2013

Saturday 7th September 2013…….well I am beginning to sound like a broken record

but rain cancelled tennis again this morning and it rained all morning and the forecast is not great either!!!

I took a local bus into town this morning and met the couple who teach the Thursday evening class to the students I teach Mondays and Wednesdays  we wanted to meet again to make sure we were on the same page with the same goals and some lesson planning.  We had a nice chat and it seems we are doing the same things and we all agree the students are wonderful.

I then went and picked up the car and went to get Paola and I had told her on Thursday that I would come for her at 2pm today and take her to Casa Hogar as they were having an open house.  I banged on her door but there was no answer and no one home I can only presume she forgot so I went to CH and spent some time with Daniela and some of the other girls they were in the dining room watching a video.

DSCF1135

Daniela enjoying the movie..

DSCF1136

In the last few weeks the other girl’s home in town has closed and the girls and the Madres have moved to live in CH so there are now 43 girls and 10 Madres.

I met a young lady Becca who has been hired as the education coordinator and we talked about some of the issues I have had with Casa Hogar….it was great to see Daniela but I did not spend much time with her as they were engrossed in the movie.  I do not get to see her again till two weeks today!!!!

On the way home I stopped at Paola’s again but still no one home.

I did manage to watch some great tennis on television from New York before I got cleaned up and Carolyn picked me up and we went out for dinner to a nice restaurant called Hansen's which Linda and Guy had introduced me to, the food was really good.  We took a board game with us and played before and after dinner…..you can maybe guess who won???

It has rained hard all evening so maybe the hike in the morning will be cancelled……bring back the sun!!

Yashi Koshi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...