Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Tuesday 3rd September 2013…….a bit of tennis!!!

Well my morning started at 7.30am up and had breakfast as it my day to do the meal delivery for the Feed the Hungry organization..this is my third week and when I got to the facility to pick up the food for my allocated school the supervisor told me he was really sorry there had been a mix up and someone else had taken the food so there was no delivery for me…he promised this would not happen again….so I went to the grocery store for a few things and then went to play tennis…2 hours of good fun and exercise.

Came home and had lunch whilst watching live tennis from New York getting down to the last few days and the tennis is of a high standard.

At 2.00pm I went and picked up Paola I still had the car so I put her bike in and asked her where she wanted to go bike riding…she said she want to go to Parque Juarez………she had a wonderful time she just rides and rides and rides then finds me for a drink and back off again.

DSCF1112

DSCF1111

One of the streets by the park..

DSCF1114

  We bought some fruit for her to take home and she was all smiles.

Tonight I went to my Yoga class my regular teacher is on a 3 week retreat

so there was a fill in teacher and she was also very good and took time with me..this is my 7th class and I do enjoy the classes and I am sure it is doing me good and I have not had any elbow problems now for over 2 weeks.

At my English class last night I asked the students for homework to send me an e mail before noon on Wednesday telling what they liked or did not like about the class and any changes they wanted to see..this is the first e mail I received this morning!!!

 

Hello teacher Pearson.

This is Letty Vega, I am your student at the English class, you speak very clear ,  I like this and I think so all the class think the same thing, it was a nice practice today, we had a complete class , we read , we spoke and we can hear you and we can hear all the class.

It was a nice class today , and your  anecdote was interesting and very fun , well it is the life and you were young, but at the same time you could say no, when the man invited you to drink a cup of coffee,.

It was a nice to meet you yesterday in class,  it is a challange to read and talk but I think so with your help we can do , now only I will wait for my email when you correct my mistakes, thank you teacher and have a nice day.

See you tomorrow-

Letty Vega.

This article was on the BBC website.

Roger Federer: US Open defeat confirms his time has passed  By Russell Fuller BBC tennis correspondent at Flushing Meadows

We should not be that surprised by Roger Federer's loss to Tommy Robredo in the fourth round of the US Open, even if it does leave us feeling a little empty and pining for a chance to reacquaint ourselves with the master in his prime.

I remember watching the late Severiano Ballesteros struggle for much of the 1990s, and refusing to accept that his genius of the previous decade wouldn't be able to carry him to another major title.

We have witnessed so much artistry and dominance flow from Federer's racquet so recently that it's hard to accept that age, and some significantly younger and phenomenally talented players, have caught up with him.

He was incredibly honest after his straight sets defeat by Robredo, as he admitted: "I struggled throughout. I missed so many opportunities. Rhythm was off."

Federer won the first of his 17 Grand Slam titles at Wimbledon in 2003

Federer won the first of his 17 Grand Slam titles at Wimbledon in 2003

And there was a real indication of the frustration the 32-year-old is feeling when he said: "I kind of self-destructed, which is very disappointing, especially on a quicker court. It just ended up being a bad combination of many things today."

Federer's forehand has been one of the most potent weapons in the history of the sport, yet it failed him spectacularly against Robredo - a man who had only three sets to show from 10 fruitless meetings with Federer before Monday.

The defeat by world number 116 Sergiy Stakhovsky at Wimbledon was even harder to accept, and this will be the first year since 2002 that the Swiss has not appeared in a Grand Slam final.

That is not meant as a criticism. Federer won 16 of a possible 27 Grand Slam titles between Wimbledon 2003 and the Australian Open of 2010.

It was exhilarating to watch, and will never be repeated. He has won just one of the last fifteen, although we should celebrate the fact that he managed to win last year's Wimbledon just a few weeks before his 31st birthday.

He will have to play well for the next couple of months if he is to make his 12th consecutive appearance at the ATP World Tour Finals (much will depend on how far Richard Gasquet, Stanislas Wawrinka and even Robredo himself go here in New York), but I believe he can remain in the world's top 10 for a while to come.

Grand Slam wins from 2010 to present

  • Rafael Nadal: Six (French Open '10, '11, '12, '13 Wimbledon '10, US Open '10)
  • Novak Djokovic: Five (Australian Open '11, '12, '13, Wimbledon '11, US Open '11)
  • Roger Federer: Two (Australian Open '10, Wimbledon '12)
  • Andy Murray: Two (US Open '12, Wimbledon '13)

He is still very much in love with the sport and says becoming a father has not affected his hunger to compete. If his back stays strong, and he can reconcile himself with being an outside bet for the game's major prizes, then retirement may still be some way off.

And if he wants to experiment again with a larger racquet head, or play a couple of smaller clay court tournaments after Wimbledon, then we should not despair. It is to his eternal credit that he is prepared to try things he has not needed to try before.

Winning another Grand Slam, however, seems an ever more distant dream.

Sampras won his 14th and final Grand Slam at virtually the same age Federer was when he beat Andy Murray in last year's Wimbledon final.

Jimmy Connors reached the US Open final a few days after his 39th birthday, but he was blessed with attributes less affected by the ageing process.

Andre Agassi offers the most hope for Federer, as he won the Australian Open just a couple of months before his 33rd birthday, although he remains the only man over 32 to have won a Grand Slam singles titles in the past 40 years.

Federer will be a very similar age to Agassi when the next Grand Slam is staged in Melbourne in January, and will have so many obstacles blocking his path.

There's Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray - who have amassed 20 Grand Slam titles between them - and a supporting cast of top 10 players, who with the exception of David Ferrer, are all at least four years Federer's junior.

So, we will have to settle for 17. Even if I am still desperately hoping to be proved wrong.

 

ashley

Ashley is still doing well at the Carson Academy in Los Angeles but her Mum tells me there may be some changes coming up in the policy of the USTA which may effect Ashley!!

This photo below

kailen

was sent to me by my long time friend Inga..it is of her son Kailen who I was really close to when he was about 10 years old…..Kailen was involved in an horrendous motorcycle accident about 9 years ago and when he was in ICU in Victoria he was not expected to recover but they called him the miracle kid as he walked out of the hospital after 12 days and today he is enrolled in his 5th year at university and is a part time model and doing really well.

 

One day a man decided to retire...


He booked himself on a Caribbean cruise and proceeded to have the
time of his life, that is, until the ship sank.


He soon found himself on an island with no other people, no supplies, nothing, only bananas and coconuts.


After about four months, he is lying on the beach one day when the most gorgeous woman he has ever seen rows up to the shore.


In disbelief, he asks, "Where did you come from? How did you get here?"
She replies, "I rowed over from the other side of the island where I landed when my cruise ship sank."

"Amazing," he notes. "You were really lucky to have a row boat wash up with you."
"Oh, this thing?" explains the woman."I made the boat out of some raw material I found on the island. The oars were whittled from gum tree branches. I wove the bottom from palm tree branches, and the sides and stern came from an Eucalyptus tree."
"But, where did you get the tools?"
"Oh, that was no problem," replied the woman."On the south side of the island, a very unusual stratum of alluvial rock is exposed.
I found that if I fired it to a certain temperature in my kiln, it melted into ductile iron and I used that to make tools and used the tools to make the hardware."
The guy is stunned.
"Let's row over to my place," she says "and I'll give you a tour." So, after a short time of rowing, she soon docks the boat at a small wharf. As the man looks to shore, he nearly falls off the boat.
Before him is a long stone walk leading to a cabin and tree house.


While the woman ties up the rowboat with an expertly woven hemp rope, the man can only stare ahead, dumb struck. As they walk into the house, she says casually, "It's not much, but I call it home. Please sit down."
"Would you like a drink?"
"No! No thank you," the man blurts out, still dazed. "I can't take another drop of coconut juice."
"Oh, it's not coconut juice," winks the woman. "I have a still. How would you like a Tropical Spritz?"



Trying to hide his continued amazement, the man accepts, and they sit down on her couch to talk. After they exchange their individual survival stories, the woman announces,"I'm going to slip into something more comfortable. Would you like to take a shower and shave? There's a razor in the bathroom cabinet upstairs."
No longer questioning anything, the man goes upstairs into the bathroom. There, in the cabinet is a razor made from a piece of tortoise bone. Two shells honed to a hollow ground edge are fastened on to its end inside a swivel mechanism.
"This woman is amazing," he muses. "What's next?"
When he returns, she greets him wearing nothing but some small flowers on tiny vines, each strategically positioned, she smelled faintly of gardenias. She then beckons for him to sit down next to her.
"Tell me," she begins suggestively, slithering closer to him, "We've both been out here for many months.
You must have been lonely. When was the last time you played around? She stares into his eyes.
He can't believe what he's hearing. "You mean..." he swallows excitedly as tears start to form in his eyes,

!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
"You've built a Golf Course?"



ATT00008

Yashi Koshi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...