Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sunday 28th October 2012…on the go all day!!!

You are going to think I stay home all day and watch tele!!!!!!!(British word).

Well I did get up and have breakfast watching one of the best soccer games I have ever seen from England this is the reason they call it the beautiful game!!!

DSCF6373

I had to skip out on the last 5 minutes as I had arranged to join a hiking group and they were meeting at the Mega grocery store at 9.30am.

There I met the group leader Zoe, Dr.Linda who I knew from taking some Spanish classes a couple of years ago and Juan Manuel, a local guide.

We travelled a few miles out of town to the Campo Dona Juana where we started the trek…

 

DSCF6374

This where we started and after about 10 minutes

DSCF6376

we were in the boonies!!!

DSCF6378

and the mine was our destination.

DSCF6382

Our guide, leader and a font of knowledge about everything on the trail!!!!

DSCF6380

I wonder what they are thinking??

DSCF6383

Very beautiful landscapes.

DSCF6386

DSCF6388The mine is located behind those brown rocks.

Juan would  stop and pick up a plant and explain what it was and still  used by the local people…

DSCF6390

 

DSCF6395

DSCF6402

These yellow flowers are used to stop stomach problems….

DSCF6392

Lots of animals…

DSCF6418

DSCF6397

We stopped after about 45 minutes and Linda waited behind whilst the three of us continued up the steeper slopes…..Zoe then waited whilst Juan and I went to the entrance of the mine it was a fairly steep hike…

DSCF6403

You have to remember we are in the middle of nowhere…

DSCF6406

The entrance to the silver mine unfortunately the entrance was flooded so we were not able to go inside….

DSCF6407

We returned down the mountain and picked up the ladies and after lunch began our trek back.

Juan was a great guide and I learned so much from him…..when we got back to the village Juan was talking to this man and I asked permission to take his photo….he is 90 years old and lived here all his life and as a kid used to go to the mine and go down about 400 yards….

DSCF6422

These kids were playing and enjoyed the gum I gave them!!!

DSCF6428

It was just a wonderful time, the people I met were kind and funny and I did enjoy being out in the countryside and also learning about the plants and the lives of the local inhabitants.

I just back into town in time to go meet a lady, Carol, who has been an ardent follower of my blog for about two years and she herself just moved to SMA in March…we had arranged to meet at Hecho’s and we had a wonderful time exchanging stories.  Carol is very interesting and seems to have settled well into the SMA lifestyle, another friend in SMA for me.

Came home and hit the books….I had neglected my homework over the weekend so spent the time and finished it and still had time to watch the end of the baseball game and congratulations to the Giants on the title…

giantscelebrate_3351-430x298

Yahsi Koshi

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...