Monday, December 05, 2011

Monday 5th December 2011……what did we do before computers???

This is nuts…my computer is working again so I can post photos…for how long I don’t know….anyway here are a couple of photos from yesterday

dec5 002

I put the signs up yesterday before my friends arrived and when I got back to the park Jenelle and Bev were thrilled!!!!

These are the lady belly dancers I wrote about yesterday!!

dec5 003

dec5 004

So now to this morning packed up my computer and some lunch and ready for the adventure to Queretaro….I walked to the big Mega Store about 7 minutes and waited maybe 1 minute before the bus came along and I paid my 53 pesos fare one way…just over 4 dollars and it was a good ride and took just over one hour.  I got off the bus where the big Malls are and then took a taxi to the HP office(my computer is HP).

The lady behind the counter told me that this is just an office and gave me the address for the service centre another 35 pesos taxi fare away and this is where the fun began!!!

The technician spoke good English and I showed him the computer and the problem and he told me it would be 600 pesos to look at the computer but he can tell what the problem is and he confirms what I was told in SMA that a cable inside needs to be replaced  ……the cost to replace this cable…wait for it….6000 pesos!!!!

I told him I could get a new computer for that and still have money left over and he just shrugged his shoulders…..so I thanked him for his time and took a taxi back to the bust station got a bus back and was home by 2pm!!!!

So I know I need to get a new computer so whether I look at Costco or Office depot or try and get one on line and delivered from the States…any opinions????

Meanwhile I am still am able to use Gregg’s computer so that is so kind of him.

So then I went up to Casa Hogar to see my girls and get them to do some more signs!!!

When I got there I was told that Paola was not there and if I understood the Madre I thought she told me that Paola had fallen and banged her head…..but not sure about that but I have e mailed Robin and asked her to find out for me.

So I got Daniela and three other of the girls and we sat around and made more signs they really enjoy doing this!!!

dec5 007

dec5 008Daniela working hard,,,hey Paula and Jerry recognize that pencil case??????

dec5 009They did a great job!!!

I look a bit fierce here and unshaven but remember I have a little head cold!!!!!!!

dec5 010

The girls were great I really feel like a King when I go there they all want to hold my hand and walk with me…they are the most wonderful thing to happen to me!!

Back at the park did some visiting and reading and when I go to turn my own computer on just for fun….IT WORKS!!!!!!

Hence you have a photo blog!!!!

Will have to decide over the next few days what to do…..my tennis partner Carolyn brought me over a stack of DVD”s to watch and also a phone to use..thanks so much!!!!

So a bit of a day!!!!!

1 comment:

Paula and Jerry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...