Friday, March 09, 2007

Well my first day at the CARE centre here in Livingston, Texas about 50 miles north east of Houston, many people have asked me about the volunteer work and until I arrived this morning, I myself had no idea what all was involved but this web site may help answer the questions you have. www.carecenterlivingston.com
The facility is an Adult day care facility, with varied programs and activities, I have a work schedule which will include such tasks as helping in the kitchen, general cleaning, driving residents to appointments, socially being active and what ever else they ask me to do, there are about 23 residents and I shall start to get to know them and inter act with them soon. I know I am going to enjoy my stay here. One of the older volunteers has rented me his older motor home for the month I am here, it is old but comfortable and he is only charging me 100 dollars. I get all my meals in the facility and also use their showers, so really all set. The park is very spacious and everyone is extra friendly, the town is about 4 miles away so this is going to be a good month to re charge my internal batteries, take things a little easy, get some regular exercise and learn about the motor home way of life. The only draw back is no or limited internet connection, I have been spoiled all these months having the computer up and running when ever I need.I don’t start my work till Sunday so tomorrow I will get chance to go to town and get my bearings and take some photos. The weather is pretty constant around 75 degrees nice and warm and a little cooler in the evenings. Hope you all (as they say in Texas) have a great weekend, take care…

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...