Saturday, March 03, 2007

Not sure when this will get posted but Day 1 in the evening I had a walk around the small town, this is what I saw in one block surrounding the town square. A very old and beautiful church, the police station, with the entrance wide open and guarded by two police men with machine guns, you could see right into the station and in the back was the jail with huge high bars and even someone behind them, obviously no photos available. Around the square were the usual vendors selling everything from popcorn, hot dogs, tacos and corn. This certainly is a dated community and so peaceful and everyone so friendly. My room in the Posada as mentioned is 14 dollars and it has 2 single beds, unlimited hot water, and cable TV and very nicely furnished and the garden courtyard entrance is pretty. Today was a drive filled with twisty and tight bends, but spectacular views and I really got a glimpse of old Mexico. So day 1 goes down as a fine start for this segment of the journey…..

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...