Tuesday, February 20, 2007










Well today was a totally different day, we left early for our drive to the big city of Guadalajara, on the way we stopped at some interesting places.
The town of Comlia, where we had lunch in the lovely square on a bench looking at the magnificent church and underneath an orange tree. The still active volcano was not very clear with the haze, but there it is. One picture is for the tequila lovers…the plant where it all starts. We then visited a small archaeological site off the beaten track, we got a personal tour of the site, very small but interesting and we went down into one of the old tombs.
We then approached the big city, the second largest in Mexico and the traffic was wild, my brother did a great job of map reading and we arrived at out destination, s suburb of the city called Tonola and we found this lovely hotel that had been recommended to us and we are here for two nights, thankfully there is under ground parking and I can leave my vehicle here for 2 days, no way am I driving in Guadalajara, we shall take the bus.We cleaned up and went to the town square, which was hopping where Malc had a very typical Mexican supper Domino’s pizza and coke!!!!!!The square was buzzing with vendors and families and as we were walking in the square we stopped by a police man who was so nice he just wanted to talk, you could tell he was so proud of his city and he gave us great directions for the bus tomorrow and also told us that this evening was a special one and outside the lovely church a special dance was taking place called Day of the Old Man, we went and watched this with about 300 other people, a long day but really interesting…my photos tried to capture all that we did but as I said before I need to get my night shots better. Tomorrow the big city….

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...