Saturday, February 24, 2007




Well my last Saturday here in Barra de Navidad before I begin the next stage of my journey on Wednesday…Malc and I were self invited to the home of some lovely friend’s of mine where we had the thrill to watch live an English soccer game featuring our home side Sheffield United play the dreaded opponents Liverpool. It was really neat to be with my brother in Mexico watching our boyhood team on TV.. Many moons ago when I was an English Bobby I used to work at the football stadium on crowd control but I got into trouble one afternoon when instead of watching the crowd I was watching the game and when the “Blades” scored I instinctively took off my police helmet and threw it in the air in celebration of the goal, boy did I get into trouble for that one. Well you all know what is coming now our team got thumped this morning by 4 goals!!!!!!!In the afternoon I took Malc to the local driving range and watched his impression of Tiger!!!!!!The range was pretty basic but he enjoyed himself, then we played a few games of table tennis, modesty forbids me from revealing the score, oh heck I have never been modest, I thrashed him!!!!!! Then off to the beach for a couple of hours sun tanning, swimming and 40 winks. Tonight we were invited to another friend’s house in this complex where there was a birthday celebration and we were treated to a lovely steak BBQ dinner complete with home made key lime pie!!!!!!Back home for another scrabble encounter and I was lucky enough to get back on track so now Mexico kid 6 old Mexico kid 1…..wish you all a happy weekend

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...