Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Today was our last day in Barra de Navidad, it has been a very special two weeks for me, spending time with my brother, I have teased him constantly for 14 days and he has been great company. We had a couple of hours fishing this morning, another first for Malc, and it was great time out on the water, the skipper and mate were two kids about 17 years old and they were very good. Another friend came with us and he caught one nice size fish and I pulled in two that were thrown back, they were ugly long fish with a very sharp bill and teeth, we all had a great time….I will leave it for you the reader to decide if the fish on Malc’s line is one he caught or the bait!!!!!!!!! We spent the afternoon on the beach and had our last swim, it seemed we both we in different worlds thinking about our lives and how different they are and then without any comment Malc went for a long walk on the beach one way and I went in the opposite direction thinking about my life, choices, decisions made and not made and the direction I was going in, we the some how met back in the middle of the bay and I think it was like an ending for us, it felt special to me. Then we came home and packed up the van and again walked to the beach for the last sunset, which was again a very different and beautiful one, a quiet evening and a game of scrabble, the score now is 8 – 2 and Malc tells me he is going to hide the game so we cannot play our last night tomorrow. One of my special friends at work gave me a bike and wanted me to use it but if not the right kind of bike for me, to donate it, well the bike has been well used and now proudly belongs to Sacramento, who has two children and three jobs and no transportation, the picture is of me and him at the handing over ceremony, he was thrilled and wanted Starr and Wayne to know that!!!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...