Monday, February 05, 2007

Today is the story of the Mexican egg….about 400 yards from my apartment is this small grocery store, the boys were playing out side, notice the clothes drying on the roof, Vicky the owner sells me this morning a pint of milk and 6 eggs for 15 pesos about one dollar and sixty cents Canadian, the eggs are on the counter by the till and they are sold by the each, when you purchase you 3, 4,6 or 12 eggs they come to you in a plastic bag and try getting them home whilst riding your bike, so now I am smart I take my own egg carton……came back and had the best scrambled eggs……now the story on the chickens here in Mexico, they don’t like the looks of the white chickens we have so the chicken feed is supplemented with the flower, marigold, this turns the skin of the chicken a yellowy colour and the egg yoke a vibrant yellow and I am sure makes them taste so good…. So now you know.The other photograph is of a local man casting his net in the shallow waters they must be very patient, in my time here I have seen many of these man and only once did I see them ever catch any fish……nothing earth shattering here but just a lazy day in paradise…..

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...