Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Today was pampering me day!!!! Decided it was time to spend a little money and treat myself…..heard about this special spa about 30 miles away so packed up, took an open mind and away I went….this was nothing like I have ever seen before, tried to capture the ambiance with photos, this was a small camp very clean, situated on a river bank, the history is that this river originates about 200 miles away, from the base of a still active volcano and that the river bed is all volcanic ash, well the first part of the day was to wade across the river and go down stream where the river was a mixture of hot springs, mild springs and cool water and I stayed in there about 40 minutes, fluctuating between the different temperatures of water, then my call to go the gazebo tent, seen in the photo, by the river bank, all very clean and lovely and met my masseuse, and had a fifty minute massage that can only be described as heavenly, probably the best I have ever had, then back to the springs…..spent about 4 hours there and the cost was 400 pesos, about 40 Canadian dollars…..this was all very well organized very clean and very professional and I had a great time and felt wonderful afterwards…back To Barra and had a great swim and watched yet another lovely sunset and now listening to the Oilers and Canucks no comments this time after my bragging last week…..

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...