Wednesday, January 06, 2021

Wednesday 6th January 2021.....Three Kings Day!!

I had another session at the physio  this morning and Fernada put me through some pretty intense exercises, the swelling is gradually going down and I still have no pain and feel very good.


Afterwards I went to a private residence where a young lady makes and sell sourdough bread and I bought this loaf, it was still hot and I had a slice when I got home and it was very tasty.





Also picked up these strawberries from my regular supplier who has a small stall outside a local bakery.





After a busy few days I decided to take it easy this afternoon and I was outside on my patio when I heard on the news what was happening in Washington....like many others totally amazing at what I saw on the TV....





After watching for a while it was all too depressing so I went out for a short hike.....


All these photos are taken within a five minute walk of my casita...



















This one is looking back at the houses..








Here in the circle is my place!!





Tonight I will watch some news and then a soccer game from England...I spoke to my Brother yesterday and they are now in total lockdown.


This is from the Internet and explains some of the importance of this day..





January 6 is a magical day for Spanish speakers. It’s a gift giving day equal to Christmas. It’s the twelfth day of Christmas... 

...which is considered as the day when the three wise men reached Bethlehem and gave their gifts to the baby Jesus.

In the Spanish speaking world this occasion is also celebrated by giving gifts.

If you like gifts, the Spanish world is a great place to be.

The three wise men in Spanish are called “los tres reyes magos” which literally means – the three magical kings.

Children in the English-speaking world often write a letter to Santa.

In the Spanish speaking world, it’s common for kids to write a note to the three magical kings.

Often on the eve of January 5th, kids tie a note to a helium filled balloon.

They let it go and watch it rise through the air up to the three wise men, which in this tradition are the three stars in the big dipper

When they wake up in the morning, gifts appear in or next to their shoes.

Cultural differences like these are part of the magic in visiting or living in a Spanish speaking country.


Stay safe and healthy!l


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...