Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Wednesday 27th January 2021.....a new project!!

It seems everyday is the same here as far as the weather is concerned....


Around 9 am it starts to warm up and stay very sunny and about 76 degrees until the sun goes down but the evenings are not cold even though we sit at 6500 feet.....I have not used the heater once this winter..I think it makes a huge difference to your well being to be in the sun especially in Covid days....


I went to the physio again this morning, I have one more session left after this and Fernanda started me off with  20 minutes on the stationary bike and then some bending and flexing exercises  before she put the electro magnetic machine on me and a massage of the knee...she really is very good.


After the busy days of the Three Kings toy drive work I have been looking for a little project and I have joined forces with another caring lady in town and we have started a little project to raise money by donation and buy food hampers for some families in the campo.


I know there is so much poverty in these areas and we can only do so little but at least we will change and help some families...


For a donation of 200 pesos, work that out in your own currency, we can buy food staples and some fruit that will adequately feed a family of 4 for one week.


This is the article I posted on my FB page, my blog and also by personal emails to my mailing list..



Many on the Cilvil List know me as the organizer of the Three Kings Toy drive and a long time resident of SMA. I am joining forces with a wonderful and caring SMA resident Lynn Ramsey, and together we intend to start fundraising for the purchase of despensas/food hampers. The food will be delivered to the many needy families living in the campos surrounding San Miguel.


For a donation of 200 pesos we can buy important food staples that will feed a family of four for a week!


If you would like to donate to this worthy caring cause be assured that all the money will go towards buying food.


I have a scooter and am more than happy to pick up your donation.


Three ways to give:

*a one time donation of 200 pesos

*a one time donation of 800 pesos to feed a family for a month

*an ongoing donation every week or month (I can collect it from you)


If you have any questions I can be contacted at mexicokid77@yahoo.com


Cell phone 415-178-3540 (I cannot retrieve messages)


If you do not live in San Miguel and want to donate, please contact me for arrangements.


 Best wishes


Les Pearson 


I am happy to report that already the donations are coming in...people are so generous and giving!!


I took the dogs on a long hike this afternoon they love it and so do I..here they are waiting for their drink.





Tonight going to watch a soccer game from England!!


This photo was sent to me by a really great friend who is pregnant with her first child......I think this is just a great shot!!!







Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!


No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...