Thursday, January 28, 2021

Thursday 28th January 2021...a very special birthday!!

Today is my adorable Sister in law’s birthday...I wrote this about

Janet in 2012, nothing has changed!!






Hope you had a spectacular day!!!

This is Sam with her Mum taken last year...



Happy day Janet!!


My day started at 5am with what I thought was an explosion of glass in my casita.....sounded like someone had thrown a heavy mortar round through my window.....


I turned the light on and got up and after I adjusted my eyes I saw that the kitchen floor all the way to the bed was covered in glass fragments......I got up and put my slippers on and walked towards the kitchen and realized what had happened.


The glass cover for the stove top had exploded and the front of the cover was over by my bed......


I checked the gas on the stove and nothing was on....I cannot even begin to tell you what happened...I know every night before I go to bed I always check the cover and I always place it down over the elements...just seems so very strange.



Sorry not a great shot I guess I was in shock...


Luckily I was not injured and there is no damage to anything else...later in the day I contacted my landlord who is in Boston right now and he was glad I was Ok and told me not to worry about replacing it he will do that when he returns next month.


As expected I could not go back to sleep so spent the time trying to get all the glass picked up...what a mess!!


Now great news my first time back with the boys on the tennis court for two hours of fun.....I was excited to be out there and had no pain at all and was able to move around and even managed the odd good shot or two!!


Afterwards I picked up some Donations for the food hamper project that I told you about yesterday.


Now going to enjoy what should be a really good soccer game from England..





This is tough reading but it needs to be said!!




Ventilators - Written by a nurse who works with them! 


 

THIS  IS  WHY  WE  MUST DO  AS  WE  ARE  TOLD  !!!!!!!!!!


 

Here you go folks... for those people who don't understand what it means to be on a ventilator but want to take the chance of going back to work, to the bar, beach, restaurant, etc.

For starters, it's NOT an oxygen mask put over the mouth while the patient is comfortably lying down and reading magazines.Ventilation for Covid-19 is painful intubation that goes down your throat.It is done under anesthesia for 2 to 3 weeks without moving, often upside down, with a tube inserted from the mouth up to the trachea and allows you to breathe to the rhythm of the lung machine. The patient can't talk or eat, or do anything naturally - the machine keeps you alive.

The discomfort and pain they feel from this, means medical experts have to administer sedatives and painkillers to ensure tube tolerance for as long as the machine is needed. It's like being in an artificial coma.

After 20 days from this treatment, a young patient loses 40% muscle mass and gets mouth or vocal cords trauma, as well as possible pulmonary or heart complications.

It is for this reason that old or already weak people can't withstand the treatment and die. Many of us are in this boat ... so stay safe unless you want to take the chance of ending up here.This is NOT the flu.

Add a tube into your stomach, either through your nose or skin for liquid food, a sticky bag around your butt to collect diarrhoea, a Foley to collect urine, an IV for fluids and meds, and A-line f to monitor your BP that is completely dependent upon finely calculated med doses, teams of nurses, CRNA’s and MA’s to reposition your limbs every two hours and lying on a mat that circulates ice-cold fluid to help bring down your 104-degree temp.


 

Does anyone want to try all that out?

If not, Wear a mask, Stay home, Stay Safe and Stay Well!


I like this..




Beautiful moon tonight but could not do justice with this shot..





Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...