Thursday, September 07, 2017

Thursday 7th September 2017...on Mexican time!!

I think after spending many years in and around Mexico I do understand Mexican time and live with it......

Let me tell you how it works........

Last Wednesday I went to a carpenter shop 5 blocks away and ordered a small table to put my new 43 inch TV on ...it was a simple design but I did want it on rollers so I could use it in the bedroom or the living room.

I gave the dimensions to the owner of the shop,  Phillipe and made sure he had them written down correctly..he told me the cost would be 700 pesos, use your own conversion rate, and I paid him half the cost of the table and he told me it would be ready 4 pm on Monday afternoon....

Now on Mexican time I knew that there would be no way it would be ready for pick up at that time BUT I still went there shortly after 4pm on Monday and P told me sorry tomorrow morning he would have it....

Now I knew on Mexican time it would not be ready when I went there Tuesday morning and it was not BUT P told me for sure I could get it any time on Wednesday....

So when I went there yesterday I pretty much knew it would be ready .....but it was not and he smiled and told me it would be ready today!!!.

So after my session with my trainer I went to the shop and sure enough the finished table is ready.....what you do now is pay him the balance of the money and thank him profusely for making such a great piece of art and for having it ready....shake his hand and wish him a great day!!!

Now you know about Mexican time...

If you can grasp this and work with it your time in Mexico will be awesome!!





yes the table is a perfect fit!!!!

A little story..as I was waiting outside the workshop with the table waiting for a taxi another customer was there talking to the owner and I could not understand any of their conversation except I did understand him say there was an American waiting for a taxi........I smiled at him and said to him in Spanish...."Sir I am not American I am Canadian"....it was like someone turned a switch he smiled at me immediately put his hand out to shake mine and said welcome!!!!!!!!   Just saying!!!

Poker yesterday afternoon was a return to my winning ways with 175 pesos!!!

My class last night was good but only 3 of the 5 registered students showed up...we had a good class and now they know the concept of paying it forward.....I can tell that after years of grammar and conjugations they are happy to talk and listen and learn...they are a lovely small group!!!


Yashi Kochi!!!!

2 comments:

living.boondockingmexico said...

You´re right on the mark about Mexican time and also about the damage Trump has done to Americans. Enjoy your stay!

mexicokid said...

thanks safe travels LP

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...