Monday, September 11, 2017

Monday 11th September 2017...second week of class!!

Before I start to tell you about the class just want to wish everyone well in Florida and the islands and of course remembering this special sad day in history!!!!!!!!!!!

So the second week of English class started today and I have 5 students registered and 4 showed up tonight......

There homework was to bring something, anything to class and talk about it....

Their English is quite good and what they lack is confidence so I follow the format I have used in the 3 prior years of teaching which is to get them to come to the front of the class, plant their feet firmly keep their hands still and just talk...last week when I had them do this you could see the concern on their faces tonight they were more confident and I started it off by bringing something of mine to class and talking about it.....

I think you can tell they enjoyed this part of the class....


This is Maricris
  Bere


Young Jorge
and Belen....

After they had all talked I handed out a fact sheet I had printed out for them on hurricanes....we each took turns reading out loud a paragraph and then talked about the words they did not understand....the 90 minute class went by very quickly...

They are all so different but all very keen to learn and again as always I feel humble to be their friend and mentor!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!


No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...