Thursday, September 28, 2017

Thursday 28th September 2017...the Botanical gardens!!!

I am beginning to forget what a tennis court looks like...tennis cancelled again this morning...so I decided to go for a hike around the Botanical gardens....

They are about 2 miles out of town and a wonderful of plants, trees, rivers and history all for 40 pesos admission......

I had come here mainly to see the waterfalls..the big lake you see below is normally below the water line but with all the recent rains the water is flowing over the dam...

It really is a view to be seen!!!!
After going over the dam the river flows down the canyon...hard to believe I was at a musical concert in this very same spot in March!!!!
Quite powerful.....

This is the canyon where the water flows down towards town and you can see on the far bank the brown pipe running all the way along the canyon wall this was used years ago to transport the water down below to the mill.....
Lovely flowers everywhere....
At the far end of the gardens there is this wonderful view of all down town....
The building to the right that looks under construction is actually called the Agua Hotel, quite appropriate!!!!  It was built a number of years ago and construction stopped because of what you see the water from the dam and it has sat empty ever since!!!!


Got to like the zoom on my little camera!!!!
Just glorious views...
and more flowers...
I really enjoyed this hike....

This afternoon went to my session with Joe my trainer..he tells me I am getting stronger every week and can see definition in my upper body which I have never had before and I am still at 173 pounds down from what I have been for 45 years 185 pounds!!!!

A little Mexican anecdote!!!

I took my friend Karen today way across town to drive her car back to her house so Gregg will have it when he arrives next week...we went to get it two days ago but found the battery was flat...this time I brought cables.....

We took a taxi up to the garage and Karen asked the driver if he would help us and let us hook our cable to his battery and of course he said yes.....

So he pulled up nose to nose with the car...he set up the cables and made sure it started before he took off...Karen gave him a nice tip and when he left he made sure he hugged Karen and shook my hand and wished us a great day!!!!  love these people!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Where we lived for three months we looked right across there over the pressa and to the gardens. Top of Azteca. We enjoyed the gardens too and what a great price. The Agua hotel is a crazy mess!

mexicokid said...

it sure is a mess but a lovely area...les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...