Saturday, September 16, 2017

Saturday 16th September 2017....the weekend.....

This morning I got my first chance to watch Live soccer from England with my new Fire TV stick and new 43 inch television!!!

This shot is of the match at Bramall Lane Sheffield featuring my beloved Blades in the red shirts.....



Nothing special about this photo?
 WRONG!!!

Well to me anyway!!!

This shot taken this morning...see the guy in the yellow vest, i know not very clear.....

OK this team was my team since I was three years old I had dreams of one day going out onto this field in the beautiful stadium..sadly I was never good enough but in 1968 I did indeed get to go out on the hallowed turf...as a Rookie Police Officer...

In those days we were there to assist crowd control and my very first time I was where that guy in the yellow vest was and I was so excited so much so that when my Blades scored a goal into that net I jumped up off my stool and threw my police helmet into the air I was so thrilled.....My sergeant was not so thrilled with my antics and I was given a good talking too......


A great game of tennis this morning under blue sunny skies and afterwards I stayed in town and saw the lovely parade...these people sure know hot to celebrate and have fun!!!







Viva Mexico!!!!



Yashi Kochi!!!!


2 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

I'll never tire of the colours...

mexicokid said...

me too les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...