Monday, October 20, 2014

Monday 20th October 2014…Day four!!!

For those new readers or ones who did not see my blog a few days ago for a change this week instead of telling you what I am doing I am posting blogs from previous years as a change of pace hope you enjoy them as I do reliving some wonderful experiences!!!!!

 

 

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wednesday February 29th..Leap Year!!!
I was woken up at 7am by this pounding on my door I got up and opened the door and saw this sight outside Ramona!!!!!!

1

I could not believe it I rubbed my eyes and looked again and they were still there!!!!

1

Suddenly I realized it was Leap Year and these ladies were waiting to pop the question!!!!

Again I looked because at my age my eyes are fading and this time I saw this line up…

2

So what is this Leap year all about??

Leap Year: What it really means

It’s a Leap Year! Yep, everyone’s favourite little intercalary (or, indeed, bissextile) year shoehorned in to even up the calendar every four years (well, mostly) has come round again. It’s also apparently the only day in the year in which women can propose to men. So watch out, chaps.

Why we need it. Paul Simons in The Times explained why we have one. It actually takes the Earth 365.25 days to whizz round the Sun, which means we need an extra day in the year every four years to keep up with the seasons. If we didn’t, we’d “gradually grow out of step … so that February would be in summer.” There’s a little bit extra, but the “difference is only marginal.” It adds up, though – and this is why the Julian calendar went kaput. After “128 years, the calendar was a whole day out.” So we have the Gregorian calendar, set up in 1582. So leap years don’t actually happen every four years – at the beginning of a century, years divisible by 100 aren’t leap years, but they are if they’re divisible by 400. It’s “more confusing”, but it’s kept us “on track for more than four centuries.” OK, we are out by 26 seconds, but that only means that by 4000 AD we’ll be “one day out.” Adam Goucher, the mathematician, has suggested a rule based on 128 years, meaning we’d be out by 0.2 seconds a year – a “distinct improvement.”

So now you know!!!

Had a nice breakfast and a read of an old newspaper and then walked with Paula and Jerry to the local market aimed at the rich gringos!!!!!  I found  things quite expensive!!!

IMG_8872

I came back for lunch then went into Barra to visit but Joy and Colin were at the market and Barb sorry to say was in bed not feeling great so Frank and I had a visit.

This is the pool at the house that the four of them are renting

IMG_8855

and the view across the canal

IMG_8854

Back at the park put on my runners as I still did not want to get  my blistered toe which is almost completely healed damaged and went to the beach for my walk….it is tough walk in the sand but I enjoy it and when I was finished I needed to go for a swim but didn’t want the hassle of talking of my shoes and socks and then be wet and sandy so I just went swimming as I was shoes, socks and knee brace it felt great!!!!

These two photos are of the damage caused by the hurricane that swept through last summer!!

IMG_8858

IMG_8859

Tonight Inga rode her bike over and with Paula and Jerry we went out for dinner and it was one of the best hamburgers we had tasted we all agreed!!!

IMG_0229

So now 9.30pm and movie and tea time again and still a couple of hours if anybody wants to ask me to marry them!!!

I sure miss these two brats!!!!!!!!

IMG_8492

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...