Friday, October 10, 2014

Friday 10th October 2014…..almost a Pearson day!!!!

The sun still shining this morning as I awoke and had a leisurely breakfast and as per usual now Friday is my day but today was a little different has I had to take Paola to the dentist..so I went to get her and she was bright and smiling and waiting for me…she is one brave kid she knew she was going to have two teeth extracted.

Dr.Laura is one of the most caring ladies I have known and her way with Paola was just wonderful…..the first tooth to come out was quite difficult with long roots

DSC08258

but the kid was not flinching…the second one came out easily and here they are

DSC08261

DSC08259

Here Dr.Laura is explaining how to put in the retainer and the ways and storage of it and how important it was to her…..

I asked Dr.Laura if she would explain to Paola the custom of placing teeth under the pillow at night and the tooth fairy would come and leave money and I gave a 100 pesos to her to give to Paola for such a brave kid!!!!

The next surprise was when I went to pay and the doctor told me the extractions were included in the price I paid on Tuesday so for 700 pesos just over 50 dollars I received my teeth cleaning, Paola's examination, 2 x rays, 2 teeth removed and the retainer just amazing…..I have to bring her back next Friday….I dropped her home so she could change and then took her to school we did stop and get some pills for pain if she needed with Dr.Laura's prescription!!!!

So that was my only human contact as I came home packed up and went hiking for the rest of the day.

I went down to the pressa (lake) behind the house and again I was so amazed at the level of the water.

DSC08269

This is the track I normally hike down completely submerged!!!!

DSC08267

This front section was a farmer’s field…

DSC08271

Corn field under water.

I had to retrace my steps and hike by the tracks

DSC08276

DSC08274

Move over buddy!!!!

DSC08265

This funky house is down on the tracks!!!

DSC08278

DSC08280

I had a good hike and enjoyed my alone time always the thinking cap time for me.

So a quiet evening at home with some studying because the little secret I have been keeping is that I have enrolled to enter this competition…..

DSC08262

This is out of my comfort area as there is no ball or bat or hiking involved but I do have the gift of the gab so I have been told so I entered and there is a full day’s workshop tomorrow where 20 local people me included will get help with our submission….we have to tell not read a story that is true and about us and it should be around 7 minutes in duration……..so at the workshop we will get guidance and then on Tuesday in front of a live audience we all perform our stories and the judges select two and they go forward and will compete in the main international event next weekend…..I am looking forward to the whole challenge I have no aspirations of making the final two but the experience I shall enjoy.

I have a story all prepared with some help from my friends Rita and Linda and after Tuesday I shall publish it here for you all to read.

Wish you all a great long weekend Columbus day for my American friends and Thanksgiving day for Canadians!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...