Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Tuesday 9th April 2013…Day 28!!!

Another beautiful morning in the desert and the wind has stopped blowing so hard…had a nice cereal and yogurt breakfast and relaxed a bit before I went to a different location for Ashley’s game today which was scheduled to start at 12.30pm yes the hot mid day sun!!

DSCF9039

Another wonderful facility..

DSCF9041

The girls before the game

DSCF9040

Let the game begin!!!

DSCF9045

DSCF9046

DSCF9049

Under the watchful eye of Mr.P!!!!!

DSCF9051

As I did last year and this for all her matches I do not like to stand with the rest of the crowd so I find a good vantage point on my own and watch and try to analyze every point….

Game over….

DSCF9054

I suppose you want to know who won???

 

 

Yes the KID PREVAILS!!!!   

She played a really consistent game today and won the first set 6 –4…the second set she was down 2-0 but then pulled off 3 straight games and won the set 6-4..she really was in control the whole game and she is just a wonderful and talented player….I managed to speak to her coach for a few minutes he is a really nice and caring man and he said that Ashley does have all the tools and determination…. they need to keep working with her and I know they have high hopes for her.

Saw her for a few seconds for a quick high five and a hug and then what do you think she does after playing in the hot sun for a couple of hours??

I bet you were wrong her she goes on her 10 minute cool down run!!

DSCF9055

Then it is one on one with her coach!!!

DSCF9057

DSCF9058

We were allowed to take Ashley out again for an hour so Caron, Stella and I drove her to subway where she demolished a huge sandwich..she was starving…the girls then drove her back to the ranch and I came home sat by the pool for a while then got cleaned up and went out to visit some more great friends Esther and Steve who are RV’ers I met about 4 years ago and have seen a couple of times since they are lovely and happy couple and we had a great meal and conversation thank you so much!!!!!!

Took these on the way to their RV park

DSCF9060

DSCF9059

Yashi Koshi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...