Monday, April 22, 2013

Monday 22nd April 2013….. a beautiful Day!!

Up at 8am and again went outside with my morning tea it is so wonderful to be outside and warm…..there is a lady Pati who was cleaning the apartment here for the previous tenant and she did come and clean for me once before I left..the casita does get a little dusty so I have  decided to hire her 3 times a month…I really am not comfortable with having someone clean for me but I understand the dynamics and it is income for her so I am happy for her to come..she is a very good cleaner and she charges 40 pesos about $3.25 cents per hour and I need her for 2 hours so I gave her 100 pesos and we are both happy with the arrangement.

I had some chores to do and went into town to get some photos taken for my visa application..also took some photos to get framed….bought myself a nice wrist bracelet the one Sara gave me a few months ago has broken.

Next stop was to L & G’s casa to do a few things and see Rafael the gardener and then went to see Paola at 11.30am…..she answered the door and I must say she did not seem very thrilled to see me..she looked tired and not happy..I realize the changes she may be going through and some of the challenges she has living in less than ideal situation…so I was not upset..I just told her that I was happy to see her and that I had missed her…. Ashley’s Mum had given me so many clothes and shoes and art work for her but I only took a few of the things around for her…Pauline Paola did say thank you!!!….I told her I was having the tire on her bike fixed and later in the week we can go bike riding.

The beautiful Jacaranda trees!!!

DSCF9367

DSCF9368

I then went around to the English class where Daniela goes three nights a week and spoke to the lovely owner Ms.Josefina who told me that Daniela was doing much better in her English studies and she also asks after me every class……..on this subject I have heard from my contact at Casa Hogar and I am trying to get an appointment to go and see Daniela's councilor but the news is not great but I do not want to expand further at this point…hopefully I will be able to resolve some issues this week.

I got back home at around 1pm and my landlady had asked me if I don’t mind to be in charge of monitoring the gas tan and levels that is on the roof and so I checked and called the gas company to come and fill up the tank…less than 30 minutes later they were here..this is taken from the roof...

DSCF9369

It is a great system one of the workers comes up the staircase to the roof with a looped rope

DSCF9370

He then throws the rope down and the guy on the ground attaches the hose and the man on top pulls up the hose attaches it to the tank and fills it…so cool!!

DSCF9371

Next was the garbage truck and this is how this works…a worker walks about 300 feet ahead of the truck ringing a bell and that is a signal for us to take our garbage out wait for the truck and pass it up to the worker in the truck!!!  I had three bags and the neighbor young boy across the street from me was there with his Mum and without asking he picked up two of my bags and gave it to the worker…only in Mexico can you get a smile doing garbage detail!!!

After all this it was time for me to go on the roof and relax with a drink and my Spanish book!!

Some shots of the casita and the street… inside shots will have to wait a few more days!!

DSCF9376

 

This is the main compound and I have all the top floor windows!!

DSCF9374The main door

DSCF9397

The main 2 bedroom house

DSCF9398

The small downstairs one bed room apartment ..both these are available for rent… at the moment I am the only person here.

DSCF9399

The stairs to my casita the door on the left is the laundry room where there is storage and a nice washer and dryer.

DSCF9395

This is the roof top patio of the main house and this is what I see from my front door…so nice!!!

DSCF9400

It was then time for a hike I walked to the top of my street and found a nice trail into the hills!!

DSCF9382

DSCF9378

There are lots of different trails I can explore another day always there is a view of the main down town square and church!!

DSCF9391

DSCF9383

DSCF9380

Even though it is so dry still color!!!

DSCF9386

My casta is about 80 yards away from the tower!!

DSCF9394

Shot of the tower from the front door…..I had a good hike it was hot but I took lots of water.

Tonight I had one of the meals that Sara had made for me and frozen..thank you it was great..did some more sorting and now going to watch a Netflix movie….

Yashi Koshi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...