Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Tuesday 16th April 2013……Day 35!!!

Boy those days are mounting up!!!!

Had a great sleep and was up at 7am and got Little Bluey all loaded and drove the 20 miles to the border ever remembering the last time I crossed a border a couple of weeks ago…so this is what happened today.

I get to the border booth no traffic at all one lane for nothing to declare and one lane for goods to declare…I drove into the nothing to declare lane and waited for the green light and drove through and no one stopped me.  I parked outside the Immigration office and went in…thanks to Sylvia in SM I knew exactly what I needed in this office.

So in I go and the officer comes out from around the corner and the following conversation took place in Spanish……he asked me where I was going and I told him.  then he asked if I had a girlfriend there and I said no.  then he asked if I had a wife there and I said no.  Then I told him I was looking for a beautiful Mexican lady and he laughed so hard and asked me about my soccer shirt and I told him it was from Leon…he said he would be right back and he was in a few minutes and he did what I needed, my passport stamped and a 30 day temporary visa …..perfect step one complete.

I then walked to the Bank office where I applied for a permit for Little Bluey…this took a bit longer with copies and identification being needed and I also received here exactly what I needed a 30 day permit for my car.

Total time 21 minutes and I was on my way!!!!!

It was just over a 4 hour drive through mainly desert like roads.

So now some history Puerto penasco or Rocky Point as it is also called is where I first met Linda and Guy about 12 years ago coincidently it is also where I met Stella and Caron also.

I came here on a whim and L & G owned and operated a restaurant that served fish and chips and I went in and had a great meal and Linda came out and talked to me…she was a huge part of helping under privileged children have a present for Christmas and I joined in in that endeavor and our friendship was cemented.

The town is one hour from the Arizona border and it is not a really fabulous town but it is Mexican and suffering from over activity in housing and then the bust…anyway L & G have a lovely small town house here and when I got into town I went to meet them and it was good to re connect after 6 months…Guy is doing so much better than when I last saw him and being at sea level helps his breathing…we had a nice catch up chat and then they let me follow them to a small casita they had rented and aid for me for the 3 days I am here…it is 24km out of town in the middle of no where and good sandy roads to get there

DSCF9279

So I am staying in the small casita attached to the Sand Castle..a huge home belonging to good friends of L & G…here is my digs!!

DSCF9284The door on the right… abit too close to the pool don’t you think??
DSCF9282

DSCF9281

DSCF9280

Am I a lucky guy or what??

The main house is just spectacular 11 bedrooms and 10 bathrooms…

DSCF9285

DSCF9292

It is right on the beach!!

DSCF9286

DSCF9289

The view!!!

DSCF9290

I am sorry the photos appear a little blurred I will try to clean the lens for tomorrow.

The beach is so secluded and lovely I walked one way for over a couple of miles…

DSCF9294

DSCF9300

DSCF9297

It is amazing in under a few hours you can be in Swanky palm Springs to a pristine secluded beach in Mexico with lots of pretty shells

DSCF9301

I shall really enjoy my time here…I got cleaned up and drove into town and met L & G and another lady who I have know for years Lesley who also is English…I met her and Lanny her husband years ago sadly Lanny passed away a few years ago..we had a lovely supper with lots of great food, good conversation

DSCF9308-001

and music!!

DSCF9309-001It was a lovely night and I drove home and stepped outside on to the beach porch the sky is so radiantly clear and the moon and stars are very special….

Go Canada!!!

DSCF9303A bit cute?  yes or No??

Great to see Linda and Guy again thanks for getting me this special place to stay and also thank you for dinner…

Yashi Koshi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...