Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tuesday 26th February 2013….UGH Government!!!!!

Tennis this morning for 2 hours was yet again a great way to start my day and then came home and iced down… had lunch and then went to my casita to meet my technician who was installing the Vonage phone..it is all set up but he had a little problem trying to program my new phone to receive messages so he took it with him and I will meet him again tomorrow.

Came home and spent another frustrating afternoon on the

DSCF8146

to a Government agency in Canada…this is the second day I have spent a lot of time getting no where and today they even suggested I contact the Canadian Embassy in Mexico city.

The problem is to do with my application for my Government pension which will commence in May…I filled all the forms out and submitted them in September but then I get a letter telling me they are missing a form and I need to send this form to them. Two problems I know I already submitted this form because I remember some of the questions were ambiguous also it cost 30 dollars and I have the receipt….the problem is the toll free number they give to call is only accessible from within Canada and do you think they could give me another number to call…not a chance…..so after two days I am no further ahead and beginning to wonder who I can call tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!

At 5pm I went to pick up Sara and we attended a free lecture on the Camino Santiago Pilgrimage in Spain..it is a walk of 500 miles that is on my bucket list. It was a very in formative lecture and slide show.

Sara then treated me to dinner at the China Dragon, thanks and then I dropped her at her dance class and I went to my casita for a while to do some more sorting and then picked up her and took her home.

Amazing the days just fly by!!!

Yashi Kochi

2 comments:

Croft said...

Les, I think if you call that 800 number from Skype (maybe Vonage as well) it will go through. You will have to pay their rates but only a couple of pennies a minute. Just highlight Canada and dial.

500 mile walk! Are you nuts? There are much easier ways to kill yourself.

mexicokid said...

thanks Croft but it is a 888 nuber but Terri Church gave me a number that may by pass that i call but always busy will try tomorrow...500 miles the ultimate challenge,,,,LP

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...