Friday, February 15, 2013

Friday 15th February 2013…beach here we come!!!

Well it is official we can take Paola to the beach……OH how I wish it was Daniela as well!!

So the plan is for Sara, Paola and I to leave here Sunday morning for the approximately 8 hour drive to the small beach town Los de Marcos!!!

Map picture

We have a house rented for 5 days and Sara is attending a friend’s beach wedding and I will spend most of the time in the ocean with Paola but also my great friends Gail and Larry are only 20 minutes away in another beach town so it will be great to visit with them.

Paola has never seen the ocean so this will be I hope a trip she will never forget…Sara is great with her and we will have homework for her from her school and let the fun begin!!!

Map picture

The pin is our location!!!

Today was a day of getting ready lots to do so the list is coming in handy……went for my Spanish Lesson at 3.30pm and Lily told me she sees and hears a difference in the two weeks…I still feel over whelmed by it all but so determined to try my hardest each day and I practice wherever I can.

Tonight Carolyn and I went to the movies at this small pocket theatre about 12 seats it costs 80 pesos each, about 6 dollars and you get a free drink and a bag of popcorn….the movie was about a Mexican family in the late 20’s very well done and interesting…from there we went to a small French type restaurant for a lovely meal and then back to the courtyard where we went to concert two weeks ago…the same musicians apart from the fiddler we playing..they are so talented……so another great day!!

Thanks to my friend Robin for sending me this…how powerful!!!

AND THEN IT IS WINTER…

Here it is, the winter of my life, and it catches me by surprise...How did I get here so fast? Where did the years go and where did my youth go? I remember well seeing older people through the years and thinking that those older people were years away from me and that winter was so far off that I could not fathom it or imagine fully what it would be like.
But, here it is...my friends are retired and getting grey...they move slower. Like me, their age is beginning to show and we are now those older folks that we used to see and never thought we'd be.
And so...now I enter into this new season of my life unprepared. And I'm not sure how long it will last.
If you're not in your winter yet, let me remind you that it will be here faster than you think. So, whatever you would like to accomplish in your life, please do it! Life goes by way too quickly. Do what you can today, as you can never be sure whether this is your winter! You have no promise that you will see all the seasons of your life...so, live for today and say all the things that you want your loved ones to remember.
Life is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after. Make it a fantastic one.
Life is too short to let even one day be frenzied or frazzled or frittered away.
Life is too short not to take time to do the things that will hold the most meaning for you.
Let yourself float like a leaf on a stream.
Throw out your list that's impossibly long, and dance a few steps to a favorite song.
Turn off the news and go find someone real who'll listen and talk and affirm what you feel.
Life is too short and it flies by if you let it, so choose what you want every day, and go and get it.
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN,
YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE.

Old is good in some things: Old Songs, Old movies, and best of all, OLD FRIENDS!!

Stay well, "OLD FRIEND!"

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived.

Yashi Koshi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...