Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Monday 18th February 2013…Day 2!!!!

First of all Happy birthday to my special and long time friend Karen hope you have a great day!!

We all slept well and had breakfast on the roof top terrace…check out the pajama top Paula and Jerry!!

DSCF7892

A couple of shots of the casita and the gardens…

DSCF7897

DSCF7895

We then walked into the little town and found this great hidden away bakery..

DSCF7901

DSCF7902

We bought some rolls that had just come out of the oven they were really tasty!!

DSCF7904

DSCF7907

The main square!!

DSCF7909

The girls feeding the horse next door to the casita!!!

DSCF7910

Around 11am Paola and I left Sara at home to study and visit her friends and we drove to the next small town about 9 miles away where my special friends Gail and Larry are down for the winter..it was great to see them again and we all visited and then whilst Gail made some lunch Paola and I went shopping   …..here is the end result new crocks, hat and shades!!!!

DSCF7913

Lunch was great and then it was beach time…just Paola and me and two large rubber inner tubes and we spent the next 3 hours, yes you read it right 3 hours in the ocean and we had a blast…she is so easy to be with and never stopped smiling!!!

DSCF7915

DSCF7917

We came back tired but happy and Gail supervised whilst Paola showered and cleaned up and then we sat down to a great home cooked meal!!!!

DSCF7925

Paola found a bike so she was a happy camper!!

DSCF7923

We did not leave till after 8pm…thanks Gail and Larry for your wonderful hospitality and for taking such great care of Paola she had a special day!!!!

Came home and Paola wrote her diary and Sara and I played Backgammon and modesty forbids me from telling you that I was victorious again!!!

What a thrill to see this kid having so much fun and also we actually got through on the cell phone to her Mum so Paola was able to talk to her……

Yashi koshi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...