Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Wednesday 1st February 2012………Rabbits, rabbits, rabbits!!!!

My Mum always told me to say the above on the first day of the month and I always have and here from Wikipedia is the origin!!!

 

The exact origin of the superstition is unknown, though it has appeared in print at least as early as 1922:

“Why,” the man in the brown hat laughed at him, “I thought everybody knew ’Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit.’ If you say ‘Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit’—three times, just like that—first thing in the morning on the first of the month, even before you say your prayers, you’ll get a present before the end of the month.”[2]

However, some reports place its origins even earlier, into the 1800s. Today it has spread to most of the English-speaking countries of the world, although, like all folklore, determining its exact area of distribution is difficult. This superstition is related to the broader belief in the rabbit or hare being a "lucky" animal, as exhibited in the practice of carrying a rabbit's foot for luck. Some have also believed it represents jumping into the future and moving ahead with life and happiness.

 

Well it stayed dry enough for me to play tennis this morning and another good game and then straight to poker where I did really well enough to buy my sweet and sour pork dinner!!

IMG_8371

Home for about an hour before I went to the girl’s English class…both Paola and Daniela were pretty tired tonight but still got hugs and a kiss!!

Later in the evening I went over to Sara’s place for a game of scrabble!!!

IMG_8373

As you can see it was a very one sided game and modesty forbids me from saying which was my score!!!

 

 

Because and I know you should never start a sentence with because..but because it is my blog I can write whatever I wish…

 

even if at times I stretch the truth…..

 

or even if I downright come out and lie..

 

OK so Sara whupped me good…

 

there are you happy now!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...