Monday, February 13, 2012

Monday 13th February 2012…….Major plans!!!

First of all so far at 6pm we have a rain free day!!!!  No sun but I will take a day without rain even though the forecast for the week is not good!!

As most of my regular readers know I have been coming to San Miguel for the last 5 Winters and it is a beautiful place and my favorite… of course having the girls here is also a big bonus…so with much thought and analysis I have decided to make it my home base!!

I know Heather at my Bank home in Nanaimo is aware of my plans and is trying to confiscate my passport…but this is a huge step for me and one I embrace and look forward to.  There are many plans to make and research to do but I went to a Lawyer this afternoon to see what the process is to moving here full time and it really is very simple and all I will need to do before I leave Canada is obtain from my bank a statement showing that I have a monthly income of the equivalent of 15000 pesos per month about $1300 dollars.

When I come back in the Fall and I shall rent an apartment I can apply for a FM3 it is an easy process and with the FM3 I am able to come and go from Mexico is often as I need..it is renewable every year and of course I am not allowed nor do I want to work here!!

So the tentative plan is after Europe drive Ramona down here in September, rent an apartment, which will be really easy, find a good covered place for Ramona and enjoy life…I will have an even bigger impact with my girls, always can take Ramona to the beach when I feel the urge, will be playing lots of sports …it is so exciting for me and I wanted to share the news with you all!!!

Off now to the girl’s English class and then a movie… tea and maybe I could find a nice piece of vanilla cake in my fridge!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...