Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday 17th February 2012….Fond farewells!!!!!!

Wouldn’t you know it my last day and guess who decides to make an appearance and stay all day……..SOL!!!!!!!   The sun!!!!

This was my wake up sight this morning!!

IMG_8511

IMG_8512

As I had already put the scooter back on Ramona ready for the trip Carolyn came to pick me up for tennis as the courts here in the park were still wet…so we went out to her club and Loren was playing with us and we picked up a fourth player and had a great 2 hours of sunny tennis..this was a bonus for me because I did not think I would get another game in before I left!!!

IMG_8515

Carolyn then dropped me off in time for a quick shower and sandwich and then out to another Canadian Casa Hogar meeting and as it happened the meeting was right next door to Carolyn's casa so after the meeting she picked me up again and off we went to CH for the girls…..they were all ready for us and away we went for the afternoon.

I had decided that this was going to be “Spoil the girls day”….so we went to the market where I wanted to buy flowers for Ms.Josefina, where the girls go to English class.  I asked Carolyn if she would take the girls into the market and gave her 100 pesos each for the girls to buy what ever they wanted and away they went……..5 hours later, just kidding, I went looking for them and there were the girls both decked out in these amazing high backed white sneakers!!!!  I know they cost a lot more than the 200 pesos..so thanks so much Carolyn.

These are not the shoes the girls got but check out the boots!!!

IMG_8516

We then all came back to Ramona and the girls got straight on the bed and ready to watch their movie!!!

 

IMG_8524

IMG_8518

All they ever want for lunch is noodles!!!

IMG_8519

We then had treats and a drink and after the movie Paola started dancing!!!

IMG_8530

I am so happy to report that Paola was just a bundle of joy and smiles from ear to ear….we had our serious talk and our goodbyes yesterday so this was just a fun time and it was a joyous time they were so well behaved and really had Carolyn and I in stitches with their antics!!!

Soon it was time to take the girls to their English Class and Ms.Josefina loved her flowers and we said goodbye to the girls big hugs and no tears.  They both know that I shall be back in September to stay and whilst Sara is still here for a few more weeks she will see the girls and then Carolyn is going to visit with them too so the girls will not forget me!!!

I was just so happy to have my last day to remember them for what they were today…JUST HAPPY LITTLE KIDS!!!!!! It has been a difficult time for them this winter but no one can take away the great time we all had today!!

Carolyn and I then came back to Ramona for a final visit and she has been really good to me so thanks for all the tennis and your friendship…you are a doll!!

IMG_8521

I then went for a walk to Sara's casa and had a great visit with her and said goodbye she is staying till March 18th.

So now back in Ramona getting everything ready for my journey tomorrow……it has been yet another wonderful winter in SMA and I thank everyone here for the way they have treated me…I enjoy the lifestyle, the tennis, the poker, the social activities….of course Casa Hogar and the girls,,,everything and I look forward to my return in September and then staying here.

So I hit the road tomorrow………..

Map picture

I go from the right hand pin to the left….stay tuned!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...