Saturday, February 18, 2012

Saturday 18th February 2012……...on the road again!!

It was a beautiful sunny morning when I left the RV park at 9.45am this morning..it was strange at first being behind the wheel and of course there was sadness in my heart knowing I was leaving some very special ladies behind but I know I shall be returning in a few months and all I think about was the day we had yesterday and how happy and bright and loving everyone was!!!!

SMA has been a huge part of my life for 5 years and I am already embracing my return knowing that it will be a move of great significance and I look forward to it!!

The drive was a good one about 6 hours and 270 miles a lot of the roads looked like this toll road!

IMG_8533

When I can I set my cruise control at 58mph so often this happens!!

IMG_8534

I went close to Salamanca which is the strawberry capital of the State so you know I could not pass up an opportunity to buy some….

IMG_8531

I bought the medium size  for 70 pesos which includes the basket!!

I entered

IMG_8535

but just for a few miles before I came into

IMG_8536

The drive was no problem and although it is hard to drive a rig on your own and navigate especially with the woeful signs I only managed one wrong turn but it was easy enough to correct and around 4pm entered

IMG_8539

I have stayed here many times and the owners Barb and Sal are just special people they run a first class park and do everything they can to make everyone’s stay the best…this is their home and the showers which are spotless and the laundry room and library!!

IMG_8542

They even had a welcome for me!!!

IMG_8543

So Ramona performed wonderfully and now she is resting in the sun!!!

IMG_8540

IMG_8541

I went and joined the other guests for happy hour for about 30 minutes then excused myself to do my laundry and then I went and run/walked some laps of the park and then a shower.

The park!!!

IMG_8544

It is a beautiful spot and see Barb’s Christmas gift burro!!!

IMG_8547

For dinner Carolyn had given me a farewell gift of a turkey dinner and I  just finished half of it and I think everyone knows that turkey is my favorite meal and this was delicious…thanks!!!

So now going to settle down with tea and a couple of cookies and a movie..wish everyone a lovely day tomorrow blessings Les

Map picture

1 comment:

Kevin Read said...

Donkey Hote is looking good! We'll be back at Hacienda Contreras sometime around mid March.

www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...